Below are descriptions of the fields in Donations Settings.
- Navigate to the Donations page and click Settings in the left-side menu.
Label fields are limited to 60 characters. Tabs are limited to 40 characters, and descriptions are limited to 255 characters.
Depending on your system configuration, certain settings may not appear. If a setting is missing that you think you should have, contact Support.
Donation Settings Fields
- Tax Receipt Serial Numbers - This assigns a unique serial number to each donation and the associated tax receipt. Serial numbers are required for Canadian clients.
Tax Receipt Templates - If a custom tax receipt template has been uploaded, then checking this box will use your custom template.
- If the box is unchecked, the system will use the default Donation Tax Header and Footer from Donations Site Custom Content.
- Auto Tax Receipt – Will send an automatic email receipt for online and recurring donations.
- Auto Event Receipt - Separates the ability to automatically send an event ticket receipt versus a donation receipt. When this is checked, ticket receipts for online registration send automatically.
Use Letterhead - Removes your logo from printed documents. This is useful for foundations that use pre-printed letterhead stationary.
- If the Use Letterhead checkbox was selected, then scroll down and click Save.
- Next, click Edit from the left side menu.
- Enter the number of inches from each edge that you need to accommodate your letterhead stationary.
- Click Save.
- If the letterhead feature is used, then system generated donation tax receipts will not print your logo. If the letterhead feature is not used, then CommunitySuite will print your logo at the top of the relevant donation letter, tax receipt, etc.
- Allow Liability Account - Allows users to include liability accounts in account options when entering donations.
- Donation Review - Enable this setting to add a review bucket to the Donations page. The review bucket is used to help identify profile duplicates and staff review.
- Summary By Fiscal Year - Enable this setting to view the donation summary table by fiscal year instead of the default calendar year. When enabled, view a donor record to see the donation summary table show in a FY20XX format.
Donation Portal Settings Fields
- Enable Household Giving - If checked, the Household giving option will be available on the online donation portal.
Show Fund Images - This feature allows you to display a fund image next to a fund name in the online donation portal and fund advisor portal. These images are only available on the promoted fund list. They will not appear after the fund is selected or on the Show List screen.
- An image can be added to the fund from the fund record.
- Show Google Translate - Enables Google Translate in your online donation portal.
- No Memorials - Turns off memorials for online donations. This means donors will not have the option to select a tribute when making online donations.
- Public Recurring Donations - This allows donors to set up recurring donations from the online donation portal.
- Show Recurring Donation End Date - This allows donors to specify an end date when creating a recurring donation from the online donation portal.
- Min Online Donation - Allows you to set a minimum dollar amount for online donations. If left blank, the minimum donation amount defaults to $10.
Cover CC Fee Percent - Allows the entry of the credit card fee percentage that is being charged for donations made through the online donations portal. Donors will then have the option to cover those fees in the check-out portion process.
- This is an option to allow donors to increase their contribution to help offset the processing costs. The percentage set does not need to match the percentage charged.
CC Fee Fund - When this is blank and a donor covers credit card fees, the fees will go to the fund that is receiving the donation. When this has a fund name entered, all credit card fees will go to that fund whether or not it is the donation recipient fund.
- If someone donates $100 and chooses to increase their donation to cover a 3% credit card fee, the additional $3 will go into the CC Fee Fund because that fee is also paying the fund associated with the donations. This will also display on the donor's tax receipt.
Enable Newsletter - If checked, donors can choose to add their information to a designated newsletter campaign.
- The option appears on the checkout screen of the online donation portal.
- Newsletter Title - Customizable label for the newsletter checkbox on the online donation portal.
- Newsletter Description - Customizable description field located next to the newsletter checkbox on the online donation portal.
- Allow Donation Notes - If the box is checked, donors will be able to leave a note when making a donation from the online donation portal. This may be helpful if a donor wants to communicate the intent of their gift.
- Donation Notes Label - Additional Notes is the default text that displays next to the notes box in the online donation portal. If a value is provided for the Donation Notes Label, that value replaces the default text.
- Donate To A Fund Tab Name - Change the name of the Donate to a Fund tab on the online donation portal.
- Hide Public Grant Catalog Tab - Hides the public grant catalog tab from the public donation page.
- Grant Catalog Tab Name - Change the name of the Grant Catalog tab on the online donation portal.
- Hide Event Tickets Tab - Hides the event tickets tab from the public donation page.
- Event Tickets Tab Name - Change the name of the Event Tickets tab on the online donation portal.
- Hide Nonprofit Directory Tab - Hides the nonprofit directory tab from the public donation page.
- Nonprofit Directory Tab Name - Change the name of the Nonprofit Directory tab on the online donation portal.
- Google Analytics Measurement ID - Enter the Measurement ID from Google Analytics to send data to a specific web data stream. This field is not required.
- Google Analytics API Secret - Enter the Measurement Protocol API Secrets to populate the amounts fields for donation records in Google Analytics. This field is needed to populate the donation record's fields for the various amounts.
Donation Portal Settings Video
The video below provides an overview of the donation settings that impact the donation portal.