Financial views allow you to create different versions of your financial reports by using groups of accounts in unique ways.
Create A Financial View
- Navigate to the Accounts page and click Financial Views from the left-side menu.
- Click Create in the left-side menu.
- Enter a name for your financial view and click Create.
Create a Financial View Group
Once you have created a financial view, a financial view group needs to be created to manage and add accounts to your financial view.
- Navigate to the Financial Views page.
- Click the Financial Views ID Number.
- Click Add Group in the left-side menu.
- Enter the applicable details for the financial group and click Create.
- Type - The type of accounting group applicable to your financial view. Options include assets, liabilities, revenue, equity, or expenses.
- Name - The name of your Financial View Group.
- Sort Order - The rank that defines where your Financial View Group will appear in comparison to other Financial View Groups.
- In View Details, click Edit next to the desired group.
- Click Add View Account in the left-side menu.
- Enter the applicable details for the financial view accounts and click Create.
- Add accounts to the group by checking the boxes next to your accounts.
Use Financial Views
- Navigate to the Financials page and click the name of a financial report in the left-side menu.
- Depending on the report chosen, you can click a provided date or enter a date, and then click Show Date.
- Click Edit Options in the left-side menu.
- Select a view from the Financial View drop-down and then click Save.
The report will display information based on the Financial View you selected.