Profile Payments are a way to record money coming in from a profile. Deductible donations and non-deductible invoices can be recorded in payments.
All deductible and non-deductible online income are recorded as profile payments. Non-deductible online income would be from ticket sales where the ticket is set up to have a non-deductible portion.
When split donations are entered as profile payments, each part of the contribution will be linked to the same profile payment. When one or more parts of a split donation is charitable, all parts of the contribution will be on the same tax receipt.
If money is received without instructions for what it is funding, the money can be deposited and recorded as a profile payment. The fund entered on the profile payment can be edited. Then, once you have instructions for the funding, you can correctly spread money to the funds.
Create a Profile Payment
- Select Profiles from the Home page.
- Search for a profile or click List to select from a list.
- Click Create Payment.
- Enter the Payment Date, Payment Method, Amount, Check Number (if applicable), Fund, and a Note (if applicable), then click Create.
Once the Profile Payment has been created, there are additional options within the left-side menu.
- Apply to Invoice - applies the profile payment to selected open invoices.
- Create Invoice - creates an invoice from the profile payment.
- Create Donation - creates a donation from the profile payment.
- Buy Ticket - applies the profile payment to selected Event Tickets.