Once you have created a CommunitySuite process in SLM, the next step is to configure your Scholarship Lifecycle Manager (SLM) settings in CommunitySuite before syncing scholarships to SLM. The default settings are configured in Scholarship Settings, but different default settings can be configured at the scholarship level. When syncing one or more specific scholarship awards, the settings can also be adjusted at the scholarship award level if needed.
Configure Default SLM Settings in Scholarships Settings
First, configure the sitewide default SLM settings.
- Navigate to the Scholarships page and click Settings in the left-side menu.
- Click Edit Settings in the left-side menu.
- Check the box for Send Awards to SLM.
- Click Update.
- Click Default SLM Settings in the left-side menu.
- Select the applicable option for each setting, and then click Next.
- Default SLM URLKEY - Select the URL key for your default SLM site for syncing scholarships.
- Default SLM Process Name - Select the default CommunitySuite process in your SLM site to receive synced scholarships.
Configure Default SLM Settings for a Scholarship
Once the sitewide SLM settings have been configured, specific settings for a scholarship can be added if that is necessary. When syncing a scholarship award from this scholarship, the scholarship settings will be the default rather than the sitewide settings.
- Navigate to the scholarship.
- Click Edit in the left-side menu.
- Check the box for Send Scholarship to SLM.
- The Default SLM URLKEY and Default SLM Process Name settings will appear. Adjust the options for each setting as needed, and then click Update.
Adjust SLM Settings for a Scholarship Award
When syncing a specific scholarship award or a batch of scholarship awards, the option to adjust the SLM settings for that scholarship award/those scholarship awards exists.
Instructions for adjusting the SLM settings when syncing scholarships in a batch are available in Sync CommunitySuite Scholarships to SLM.
Use the steps below to adjust the SLM settings for a single scholarship award before syncing it to SLM.
- Navigate to the scholarship award.
- Click Edit SLM Options in the left-side menu.
- Adjust the settings as needed, and then click Save.