Direct Debit, a payment method available when a CommunitySuite site is in Australia, can be entered two ways.
- A donor or fund advisor selects Direct Debit when contributing through the online donation portal.
- A user manually Creates a Profile Payment.
Online Direct Debit
After a donor utilizing the online donation portal selects the funds and amounts they want to donate, enters their contact information, and clicks Review, they have an option to Pay With Direct Debit.
The Account Name defaults to the name the donor entered, but they can override it. The donor enters their BSB Number and Account Numberon this screen.
When a fund advisor clicks Donate while logged into their fund advisor portal, they have the same option to pay with direct debit. Since they are logged into their account, they can save this payment method. If Save Account is checked after entering their Account Name and BSB Number, that account will be saved.
It will appear as a payment method when making future contributions through the fund advisor portal.
Manually Create a Direct Debit Payment
- First, create a profile payment.
- When Australian clients create a profile payment, Direct Debit appears as a payment method.
- Select Direct Debit and enter the Payment Method information.
- Bank Account Name automatically fills with the profile name but can be overwritten.
- These fields are the same fields donors populate when using Direct Debit in the online donation portal.
After a Direct Debit payment has been entered, it appears in Undeposited and Recent Donations.
- Click on Show Till in the left-side menu.
- Click Reconcile in the Unreconciled Direct Debit Transactions section.
- Enter the Deposit Date and Deposit Account.
- The date recorded passes through to the ABA file.
- Deposit account is the bank account where the money needs to be transferred.
- Select the profile payments to be included in this ABA file.
- Click Reconcile.
- Click Download ABA File in the left-side menu.
- Enter the same Account and Payment Date that were entered on the previous screen, and then click Export.