Below are descriptions of the fields in Grants Settings.
- Navigate to the Grants page and click Settings in the left-side menu.
Depending on your system configuration, certain settings may not appear. If a setting is missing that you think you should have, please contact Support. If you are in the implementation stages, contact your Implementation Specialist.
Send Grants To GLM
- Enabled - Pre Approval: This option requires grants to be approved in GLM. The grant process in CommunitySuite cannot move forward until the grant has been approved in GLM.
- Enabled - Post Approval: This option requires that the grant be approved or denied in CommunitySuite. Once the grant has been approved, it can be sent to GLM for reporting purposes.
- Disabled: Disables the ability to Send Grants to GLM.
Grant Approval Percent - The percentage of approvers required to move a grant forward into accounts payable.
- A blank value within the field is the same as 100% if this option is selected. It is recommended that a percentage be filled in this field rather than leave it blank.
- If 75% approval is required and a fund has four approvers, then at least three approvals for the grant are required for it to move forward into accounts payable.
- If a fund has two approvers, then both must approve the grant as each approver only counts for 50%.
Enable Guidestar - Gives the option to run a charity check on an applicant or grantee to confirm 501c3 status.
- Enable Ajah must be unchecked in Grants Settings.
- There is a maximum of 1,000 Guidestar checks per contract.
Enable Ajah - Allows Canadian clients to check and confirm a grantseekers nonprofit status. This replaces Guidestar with Ajah across the entire system.
- Enable Guidestar must be unchecked in Grant Settings.
Charity Check Interval - Determines how often it is required to run a charity check.
- By default, the system requires that Pub 78 is checked every time a check is written to the grantee. This setting allows the default to be changed to any desired interval.
- Disable Approval Emails - If checked, grant approvers will not receive emails when a grant needs approval.
- Auto Approve Grant Payments - If checked, the system will not require approval to create a voucher for a grant payment.
- Disable Grant Self Approval - If checked, users are prevented from approving grants they created.
- Conditional Payment Fund - When grant installments/payments are marked as conditional (yes), the expense and payable will be reversed in this fund.
- Closing Frequency - How often conditional entries are created when grant installments/payments are marked as conditional (yes).
- Allow Liability Account - Allows users to include liability accounts in the list of available accounts when entering grants.
- Summary By Fiscal Year - Enable this setting to view the grant summary table by fiscal year instead of the default calendar year. When enabled, view a grantee record to see the grant summary table show in a FY20XX format.
Default GLM Settings
There are additional GLM Settings available in sites that sync with GLM.
- Click Default GLM Settings in the left-side menu to access and edit these settings.
- Default GLM URLKEY - The default GLM site to which grants will be sent.
- Default GLM Process Name - The default GLM process where grants will appear.
- Default GLM Status - The selected status will be assigned to the grant when it is received by GLM. These options will change depending on which approval workflow is chosen.