Below are descriptions of the fields in Grants Settings.
- Navigate to the Grants page and click Settings in the left-side menu.
Depending on your system configuration, certain settings may not appear. If a setting is missing that you think you should have, please contact Support. If you are in the implementation stages, contact your Implementation Specialist.
Send Grants To GLM
- Enabled - Pre Approval: This option requires grants to be approved in GLM. The grant process in CommunitySuite cannot move forward until the grant has been approved in GLM.
- Enabled - Post Approval: This option requires that the grant be approved or denied in CommunitySuite. Once the grant has been approved, it can be sent to GLM for reporting purposes.
- Disabled: Disables the ability to Send Grants to GLM.
Grant Approval Percent - The percentage of approvers required to move a grant forward into accounts payable.
- A blank value within the field is the same as 50% if this option is selected. It is recommended that a percentage be filled in this field rather than leave it blank.
- If 75% approval is required and a fund has four approvers, then at least three approvals for the grant are required for it to move forward into accounts payable.
- If a fund has two approvers, then both must approve the grant as each approver only counts for 50%.
Enable Guidestar - Gives the option to run a charity check on an applicant or grantee to confirm 501c3 status.
- Enable Ajah must be unchecked in Grants Settings.
- There is a maximum of 1,000 Guidestar checks per contract.
Enable Ajah - Allows Canadian clients to check and confirm a grantseekers nonprofit status. This replaces Guidestar with Ajah across the entire system.
- Enable Guidestar must be unchecked in Grant Settings.
Charity Check Interval - Determines how often it is required to run a charity check.
- By default, the system requires that a grantee's charity status be checked prior to posting a grant.
- Disable Approval Emails - If checked, grant approvers will not receive emails when a grant needs approval.
- Auto Approve Grant Payments - If checked, the system will not require approval to create a voucher for a grant payment.
- Disable Grant Self Approval - If checked, users are prevented from approving grants they created.
Conditional Payment Fund - If checked for a grant payment, the expense and payable will be reversed in this fund when the books are closed.
- Conditional Payments provides details.
- Closing Frequency - The frequency that conditional payments should reverse, either monthly or fiscal year.
- Allow Liability Account - Allows users to include liability accounts in the list of available accounts when entering grants.
- Summary By Fiscal Year - Enable this setting to view the grant summary table by fiscal year instead of the default calendar year. When enabled, view a grantee record to see the grant summary table show in a FY20XX format.
- Disable Grant Check Documents - If checked, the system will disable grant check documents from populating and will remove the Document bucket on the Grants page.
- Disable Charity Check With Additional Due Diligence - If checked, the charity check will pass grantees based on their Pub78 status only. Additional due diligence will not be performed.
Default GLM Settings
There are additional GLM Settings available in sites that sync with GLM.
- Click Default GLM Settings in the left-side menu to access and edit these settings.
- Default GLM URLKEY - The default GLM site to which grants will be sent.
- Default GLM Process Name - The default GLM process where grants will appear.
- Default GLM Status - The selected status will be assigned to the grant when it is received by GLM. These options will change depending on which approval workflow is chosen.