We look forward to releasing the following enhancements to your software. Watch for future announcements about when this new functionality will be available in your CommunitySuite solution.
- Templates: Enhance templates by adding a envelope template. Clients will also be able to assign envelope templates to funds, fund groups, subgroups, divisions, and segments.
Donations: Enhance donations by adding a soft credit field. Soft credits can have more that one profile added to a donation. Soft credits will not be reflected on the donor profile. There is now a donation soft credit report in custom reporting. There is also a new table for csdata migrations to import soft credits on donations during migrations.
Good Case Use: Employer sends in a check, but foundations want to track the employees that contributed to the donation.
Donations: Enhance donations with the ability to copy a donation once you select process. All fields are copied except for payment method, check number, and donation date, which will default to today as normal donation form functionality. Donation Advisor is not copied because advisor is not set on a donation during initial entry. If it is an internal donation, the internal donation status will not be copied; instead it will just be a normal donation. Historical is not copied, so historical donations will get copied in as real donations that impact the general ledger.
Now available in your Sandbox environment - Funds: Add the ability to copy a fund. This will copy all fund fields-except for name, short name, public name, and the fund summary. With this release, we will add some additional fields to the fund create screen so that they can be copied.
- Now available in your Sandbox environment - 1099 Reports: Add a new 1099 Reports option in the accounting list on the home screen. These reports will allow a user to create a report that can be exported for 1099 Misc or 1099 NEC. These reports will include all vendors marked as 1099 vendors and the amount will pull values from accounts when a value is selected in the IRS 1099 field. There is an export option for each report.
- Now available in your Sandbox environment - Donation Portal: Add an option in the donation portal to receive ACH payments from Stripe for donations and recurring donations. Stripe payments that come into CommunitySuite without a fee will not automatically be posted; instead they will land in the till. This will allow clients to attach the ACH fee once it has been processed within Stripe. Once they have added the fee, they can then deposit into their Stripe clearing account. A hyperlink has been added to the profile payment so that clients can easily review the transaction within Stripe. Clients will need to enable the ACH bank account payment method within their Stripe Account. Revised the language in an action button on the donation portal from "Pay with Credit/Debit Card" to "Continue."
- Now available in your Sandbox environment - Checks: Update and streamline the check processing workflow.
- There will be a single check work flow, reducing clicks for clients. With this workflow the checking account, check type, date, and memo line are all one page.
- This enhancement will reduce the number of steps needed to process checks in batch. From accounts payable, select create checks in the left-side menu. That will open a table for a user to select the bank account and payment type before filtering the check batch. This will filter the list to just that payment type set on the profile. If there isn’t a payment type on the profile, that vendor will process the payment as a check. Memo lines will move into the voucher, grant, scholarship workflow.
- The checks buckets will be reduced to three buckets only: voided/unused, new, and posted. Check Approval will be updated with a multi-select for approvers. Grant and scholarship letters will no longer be in the check batch area but in the grants and scholarships area within the documents bucket. These letters will appear automatically once the checks have been posted. ACH email notifications will also be sent when checks are posted.
- ACH content areas will be added for electronic payments that have been posted, unposted, or voided. The email will send automatically when one of these actions occur. There will be a new radio button for emails called pay. The email with this checked will receive the ACH payment notification with the check detail attached. If there is not a pay email checked, the email will send to the primary email.
- Video: Single Check Workflow
- Video: Batch Check Workflow
- Video: Check Work Overview
- Checks Overview
- Checks Site Custom Content
- Configure Check Payment Approval
- Copy, Edit, or Delete a Voucher
- Create and Process an External Grant
- Create and Process an Internal Grant
- Create, Post, and Pay a Voucher
- Edit Check Number
- Pay Open Vouchers from Accounts Payable
- Process Checks
- Void a Check
- Now available in your Sandbox environment - Templates for Grant & Scholarship Letters: Move the processing of Grant & Scholarship letters from the check area. This will allow program staff the ability to create grant and scholarship letters separate from the creation of checks. There is now a documents bucket in grants and scholarships. Letters will still be grouped by check batch, so that clients can easily print or email letters in bulk. When emailing grant/scholarship letters, the email address will pull from the primary email on the profile.