After recording a payment for a request, you can delete it if needed. This will decrease the amount paid and increase the balance for the request.
This is the appropriate action to take if you want to remove a recorded payment, and do not need to keep a record of the original payment. If you need to indicate that a payment was returned/credited, and want to retain a record of the original payment, refer to Credit a Payment instead.
Delete a Payment
Follow the steps below to delete a payment.
- Locate the request on a workload page or the Requests & Decisions search page.
- Navigate to the Request Summary by clicking the Project Name.
- Click the Award Details tab.
- Click the installment that contains the payment to delete.
- Click the red X icon.
- Click OK.
- The amount paid and balance for the request will automatically update.