Once all actions have been taken on an approved request (e.g. all follow ups are marked complete, all payments have been recorded, etc.), the request can be closed. Doing so helps keep your dashboard clean, allowing you to focus on requests that still require action. Once a request is closed, you can still upload supporting documents to the request or record comments, but the request status would need to be reverted to perform other actions.
Requests can be closed individually or in a batch.
Close a Request Individually
- Navigate to the Request Summary for the request you want to close by clicking the Project Name.
- Click Close Request.
- Click Add New Comment to add a request comment if desired.
- Click Close.
Close Requests in a Batch
- Navigate to the workload page from which you'd like to close requests.
- If no follow ups were assigned to the requests, you can close them from either the Approved or All Open Approvals workload pages.
- If follow ups were assigned to the requests, you can assign them from the Follow Ups Complete or All Open Approvals workload pages. Note that on either of these pages, requests could still have follow ups that are not yet complete, so be sure to double-check before closing requests.
- Check the box for each request that you want to close.
- Click Batch Options, then click Close Requests.
- Add a request comment if desired, and check the box indicating that you understand the warning message (there is no batch undo for closing requests in a batch). Keep in mind that the comment will be recorded for all requests in this batch.
- Click Close Requests.
Accessing a Closed Request
Closed requests can be accessed from the applicant's User Summary page, the Organization Summary page (if applicable), and the Requests & Decisions search page. The steps below show you how to access a closed request from the Requests & Decisions search page.
- Click Search, then click Requests & Decisions.
- Enter details such as the project name, applicant's name, etc. to help locate the request, check the box for the Closed status, then click Search.
- Click the Project Name in the search results to access the Request Summary for the closed request.