Once all actions have been taken on an approved request (e.g. all follow ups are marked complete, all payments have been recorded, etc.), the request can be closed. Doing so helps keep your dashboard clean, allowing you to focus on requests that still require action. Once a request is closed, you can still upload supporting documents to the request or record comments, but the request status would need to be reverted to perform other actions.
Requests can be closed individually or in a batch. By default, the system will not allow you to batch close requests with follow ups in any status other than complete. Refer to the Batch Close Requests in All Follow Up Statuses section for information on the site setting that allows you to do so.
Close a Request Individually
- Navigate to the Request Summary for the request you want to close by clicking the Project Name.
- Click Close Request.
- Click Add Comment to add a request comment if desired.
- Click Close.
- If the request has follow ups in any status other than complete, a warning message displays.
- Click OK if you want to continue. The request will be closed, and all follow ups assigned to the request will be marked complete.
- Click Cancel if you do not want to continue.
Close Requests in a Batch
- Navigate to the workload page from which you would like to close requests.
- If no follow ups were assigned to the requests, you can close them from either the Approved or All Open Approvals workload pages.
- If follow ups were assigned to the requests, you can close them from the Follow Ups Complete or All Open Approvals workload pages.
Requests with Universal Application follow ups cannot be closed in batch from the Follow Ups Complete workload page. Instead, they can be closed in batch from the All Open Approvals workload page.
- Check the box for each request that you want to close.
- Click Batch Actions, then click Close Requests.
- Fill out the applicable fields, and then click Close Requests.
- Close Comment - Enter a comment if desired, which will be recorded for all requests in this batch.
Warning Message - Check the box indicating that you understand the warning message. There is no batch undo for closing requests in a batch.
Batch Close Requests in All Follow Up Statuses
If you would like to be able to batch close requests with assigned follow ups in statuses other than complete, enable the Batch Close All Follow Up Statuses setting on your Site Settings page.
Refer to the Batch Close Requests section for instructions on batch closing requests. After you have selected requests to close and clicked Close Requests, the pop-up contains an additional checkbox:
Close Requests in all Follow Up Statuses - Check this box if you want to close requests in this batch that have follow ups in statuses other than complete.
- If checked, the follow ups for those requests will be marked complete and the requests will be closed.
- If the box is not checked, requests in this batch will only be closed if they do not have follow ups assigned, or if all assigned follow ups are already marked complete.
Access a Closed Request
Closed requests can be accessed from the applicant's User Summary page, the Organization Summary page (if applicable), and the Requests & Decisions search page. The steps below show you how to access a closed request from the Requests & Decisions search page.
- Click Search, then click Requests & Decisions.
- Enter details such as the project name, applicant's name, etc. to help locate the request, check the box for the Closed status, then click Search.
- Click the Project Name in the search results to access the Request Summary for the closed request.