Administrators can manually enter requests for any existing organization or contact in the system. This can be done via the User Summary page or the Organization Summary page (for Grant Lifecycle Manager [GLM] sites). Once a request is manually entered, it can be moved through the process as usual or immediately denied or approved.
Manual Request Entry Videos
Below are some common scenarios where manual request entry is used.
- Entering historical requests into the site for reporting purposes.
- Entering any paper applications received into the site so that they can be managed with all other requests.
- Entering discretionary awards.
When entering many manual requests, such as when recording historical awards, consider creating one or more internal processes for this purpose. This keeps requests organized and allows application questions to be made optional for manual entry purposes.
Visibility to the Applicant
Manually entered requests are visible on an applicant's dashboard at different points depending upon the type of process used.
Internal Process - The request will only appear on the applicant's dashboard once it has been approved or denied.
- This can be modified using the Applicant Visibility setting.
- Public or Restricted Process - The request will only appear on the applicant's dashboard once it has been marked complete.
Manually Enter a Request
- Click Search on the upper navigation bar, and then click Organizations or Users.
- Enter the name of the organization or user, and then click Search.
- Click the name of the organization or last name of the user.
- Click Request History.
- Click Create Request.
- Choose the process from the drop-down menu, select a contact to assign the request if applicable, and then click Continue.
- For GLM sites, Unassigned can be selected instead of choosing an actual contact.
- Only processes that are toggled on will display in this list.
- A process that contains third party questions is not available for manual entry.
- Complete the first form for the request, which is either the LOI or application form.
- Click Save Application to finish entering this request at a later time.
- Click Application Complete or LOI Complete to put the request in the corresponding status.
- Click Approve Request or Deny Request to record a decision for the request.
Sector Education Resources
The following resources relate to this topic more broadly, beyond your Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM)/Scholarship Lifecycle Manager (SLM) site.