If a refund needs to be recorded for a grant synced between CommunitySuite and GLM, the refund information does not sync between the two systems. The refund can be recorded in CommunitySuite but will not reflect on the grant record in GLM. In order to record the refund in GLM as well, the grant must be unlinked between the two systems.
For a scholarship synced between CommunitySuite and SLM, the refund does sync between the two systems, so the scholarship does not need to be unlinked.
Contact Support with any questions before following the steps in this article, as there is not a simple undo option for unlinking a grant or scholarship.
Follow the steps below to unlink a grant synced between CommunitySuite and GLM and record the refund in both locations.
- Navigate to the grant in CommunitySuite.
- Click the GLM Request ID.
- Click Unlink in the left-side menu.
- Follow the instructions in Refund a Grant to record the refund.
- In GLM, navigate to the Request Summary for the grant.
- Now that the grant is not synced between the two systems, you can record the refund in GLM. Options for Adjusting Installments and Payments outlines the available options.
- For example, you might choose to follow the instructions in Credit a Payment if you would like to enter a negative installment to record a refunded payment.
- The grant will now reflect the refund in both CommunitySuite and GLM, but will remain unlinked between the two systems.