Monthly Release Features are listed in bold and have links to relevant resources. Other enhancements/fixes are listed in regular text.
- Increased performance on Universal Application in Universe Building on Eligibility and Forms.
- Updated buttons to responsive design in side-by-side evaluations.
- Decrease load time when accessing process manger list and viewing a process.
- Resolved an issue to applicants editing their profiles resulting in an error.
- Resolved an issue where internal questions were greyed out and could not be answered.
- Resolved an issue causing name to be uppercase.
- Fixed an issue causing the organization name link to show to applicants who were unauthorized to view the page resulting in them getting an unauthorized message.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes groups would look like they were dropped inside other groups when using drag and drop.
- Theme: Updates to the look and feel of the Foundant Theme. No functional changes should exist as a result of this change. In addition to the toggle being enabled as mentioned above, the setting in foundation settings called “Theme” will be changed from “default” to “foundant”.
- Increased form loading performance. For the client's site listed in the escalation, performance was reduced from around 30 seconds to around 10 seconds.
- Improved performance when adding shared questions. In one example we reduced query times from a few seconds to under one second.
- Added a label to call out the CommunitySuite approval toggle on installments to clearly call out what the toggle is for.
- Resolved an issue causing installment forms to not display correctly in sandbox.
- Resolved an issue syncing requests to CommunitySuite that were approved from the LOI stage.
- Improved performance on search users page by about 60%.
- Resolved an issue preventing Candid questions from being added to forms.
- Opportunities can now be exported by clicking the export button at the bottom of the list of opportunities when updating a universe. This will include, Opportunity Name, Active Status, Applicant/Reviewer Descriptions and number of eligible requests for the opportunity.
- Made some changes to admin dashboard to help improve accessibility.
- Accessibility fixes for table questions with and without header rows.
- Resolved an issue causing the fiscal year feature on metrics dashboards to show two of the previous fiscal year instead of the current and previous fiscal year.
- Resolved an issue to batch deny from the denial draft workload page.
- The list of universes will now be sorted descending by create date so a newly added universe will show at the top of the list.
Integrated Grant Catalog: This feature will allow GLM Administrators in sites integrated with CommunitySuite to send requests to CommunitySuite and promote them to the Grant Catalog and show Grant Catalog funding in GLM.
- Buttons - Follow Up Forms for Applicants: Updated the edit and view links for accessing a follow up form to buttons that say Start, Continue, View & Preview, depending on the status of the follow up. This was done based on client feedback so applicants could easily find the action they needed to take and understand the form's status.
- Table Formula Branching: Branching can now be built off of formula cells, sum or aggregate, in tables.
- Updated buttons on the update email template pages to have labels where they didn't based on accessibility findings.
- Added December as an FY option on metrics dashboards
- Resolved an issue causing request details from loading for reviewers when a committee was set to hide contact info.
- Added accessibility support for process manager tabs.
- Universal Application - Group By Student for Evaluators: Many users doing scholarship evaluations assign their evaluations by Student rather than by Opportunity. This feature will allow reviewers to select a box that groups their evaluation dashboard and scorecards by Student for a more intuitive reviewer experience.
- Line returns will no longer be counted against the character count to match how word does its character counting. Resolved an issue causing character limits to report as exceeded if the text was near the limit and had hard returns since the client side and server side validations were counting line returns differently.
- Fixed an accessibility issue relating to page form elements on the update process page.
- Character counts will no longer include line breaks to match how word counts characters and to prevent validation from erring due to inconsistent ways of counting new lines.
- Clicking the email icon on an email question with a filled in email will open up a mailto link for that email.
- Resolved an issue preventing images from pulling into merge documents or print packets.
- Added Fiscal Year as an option on metrics dashboard.
- Table aggregates in reporting will now respond as numbers, allowing users to perform numerical operations without having to convert the column first.
- Fixed an issue caused by adding organizations from GuideStar that had capital letters in their email.
- Universe Opportunity Grouping: Opportunity Grouping will enable administrators to more quickly create filters based on opportunities. This will help more clearly distinguish between Opportunities that belong to different Universe Processes.
Table Subtotals: Table subtotals will allow administrators to configure tables to include summaries of the information they are seeking which will enable them to have deeper insight into their various categories.
- Added performance enhancements when loading forms with a large number of branched groups.
- Decision comments will now indicate that they need to be edited on the decision form since they are the only comment type that can include rich text.
- Workload page filters will now work with date and date time fields.
- Resolved an issue preventing sorting on due date from working on the Follow Ups Workload page.
- SLM: Added the ability to generate merge documents on individual scholarships and include file attachments specific to an opportunity.
- Allowed LOI evaluation form questions to be included on LOI Evaluation Workload pages. Previously LOI form questions were being allowed to be added, but not populating data. This isn't currently supported.
- Added the ability to add alt text to images embedded into rich text fields.
- Added handling to maintain the selected tab during the approve request process.
- Resolved an issue causing the Metrics Dashboard to not load properly if the tab was clicked before some content was available.
- Resolved an issue preventing administrator comments for table questions from showing properly.
- Resolved an issue preventing the drill through from the Metrics Dashboard for overdue follow ups from showing follow ups due on the last day of the month if the due date had a specific time set.
- Resolved an issue preventing installments from being cancelled.
- Added handling to allow saved reports to load after an update to Chrome started preventing it.
- Added some accessibility improvements to the reporting tabs so they work better with accessibility tools.
- Resolved an issue causing the installment and follow up pop ups to show up at the same time when approving a request.
- Resolved an issue preventing organizations from sorting using their sort name on the Organization Search page. This has not yet been fixed on the workload pages.
- Added title to view dropdown to assist with accessibility on the side by side evaluation form view.
- Resolved an issue causing organization name to show up with extra information in reporting.
- Resolved an issue causing dashboards to not load for GLM clients.
- Resolved an issue causing third party reminder emails sent from the email history page to be sent to the applicant instead of the third party.
- Resolved an issue when admins were entering a manual Grant but did not select a user or process.
- Users will now get a warning saving a data set if they just renamed a field to match a field name that already exists in the data set.
- Enhanced accessibility by adding ARIA labels to table cells. This provides better support for accessibility tools, making it easier for all users to interact with the table content.
- Resolved an issue causing an error if the applicant tried to submit a form that had required questions hidden by a branching rule based on an internal question.
- Added the counts of assigned follow ups and uploaded documents to the request summary pages tabs.
- Resolved a styling issue for reporting pre-filters. Request Statuses filter lacked style and select all option.
- Resolved an issue with the Payments Dashlet on the Metrics Dashboard causing it to only show the past 6 months of payments instead of 12.
- In the Process Selection filter, a list of processes can now be selected using shift+click. For example, if you have 10 processes, you can now click to select process 1, hold shift, then click to select process 10 and all the processes in between will be selected.
- Enhanced administrator accessibility and responsiveness by introducing button titles to various buttons associated with follow-up management.
Workload Page Filters: Clients with a standard or above license will be able to add filters to their workload page. This will allow a user to filter down the information showing on the workload page to match the specific requests the user is intending to work with. They can more easily filter to a list to perform batch actions on or view.
- Pressing the enter button will now click the primary button on pop ups within GLM/SLM.
- Resolved an issue preventing tables from being added to Universe Processes.
- Added the ability for users with the Auditor role to see the Metrics Dashboard.
- Promotional pop up that shows on submit will now only show to applicants.
- Metrics dashboard submissions will now include submissions that have come in on the current day.
- Improved performance load times when loading forms with several table cells and formula elements.
Metrics Dashboard: The metrics dashboard will provide quick access to some key identified information relating to a Foundations data. This will reduce the need to use reporting to export information and build this information by hand by providing quick access to this data and allowing Administrators to filter and download images of the information presented.
- Foundant Promotional Pop-up: Located in site settings, this new setting will be set to true by default in GLM sites only. This is a pop-up message promoting Foundant's nonprofit solutions shown to applicants when they submit forms in GLM. Applicants will have the option to hide these messages. This will only apply to US-based GLM users.
- Cleaned up some old data for currency Candid fields from a bug that was fixed.
- Fixed an issue where payee fields were causing issues marking requests complete in batch.
- Handled cases where organizations using EIN 00-0000000 were getting an error when applying to processes that contained Candid questions.
- Shared formula values will now be updated when answering a table question that causes a formula value to update.
- Opportunity specific follow ups must now be deleted before an opportunity request can be reverted to a pre decision state.
- When syncing from CommunitySuite to GLM or SLM, if a decision date was not set in CommunitySuite, the request(s) will now successfully sync, and in GLM/SLM, the decision date will be auto-set to the Grant Date. Currently, the decision date will not update back to CommunitySuite as it is not a required field of that system.
- Resolved an issue where if a scholarship has a $0.00 installment when synced to CommunitySuite, you will not be able to sync and will see the correct error message.
- Resolved an issue with using toggles to send to CommunitySuite. Requests can now be sent using the toggles from the All Open Approvals workload page.
- Resolved an issue when filtering by Opportunity when configuring a Process Universe.
- Added a Foundant Marketing message that shows to all grants applicants for US based clients after submitting. This will be toggled on globally in the July release and clients will have the ability to opt out by disabling this message in their settings.
- Resolved an issue preventing third party table elements from merging into print packets.
- Resolved an issue when multiple documents are added or included in a DocuSign envelope all documents appear within the document attached to the request summary.
- Resolved an issue preventing sliding due date and timespan due date options from showing when configuring follow ups.
- Resolved an issue preventing some processes from being copied.
- Resolved an issue causing time span and sliding date types to not show up for follow up due dates.
- Request comments will now show the count of how many comments there are for a request.
- Resolved an issue causing "drag to reorder" showing up as a list item when managing list type questions.
- Resolved an issue causing some Candid fields to be added as text fields instead of currency.
- Resolved an issue causing the drag handle icons to not display properly for list type questions.
- Resolved an issue preventing emails from linking to a Request, Organization, or User.
Integrated Denied Grants: Enhanced the integration by allowing denied grants to be synced from/to CommunitySuite. The GLM Pre-approval workflow is required to integrate denied grants. Once the grants are denied in GLM, they can then be sent to CommunitySuite. These denied grants will land in the GLM grant bucket. Clients will still map the grantee and set funds from the GLM bucket. Once those have been set, the denied grants will then be available in Custom Reports. Create grant and then denying the grant will also allow you to send the grant to GLM by using the Send to GLM options on the individual grants.
Denials is currently just for the integration between GLM and CommunitySuite; it is not currently available with SLM to CommunitySuite
- Grant Date: A new date field is available on grants in GLM, allowing users to capture and report on the date of the grant award. The grant date and decision date fields will now integrate to CommunitySuite grant records once synced.
Grant Date and Decision Date Video
Award Date: A new date field is available on scholarships in SLM, allowing users to capture and report on the date of the scholarship award. The award date and decision date fields will now integrate to CommunitySuite scholarship records once synced.
If clients use the CommunitySuite integration, they will now see a grant date/award date in GLM/SLM. The decision date and grant date/award date fields will integrate between CommunitySuite and GLM/SLM. When syncing from GLM to CommunitySuite, the decision date and grant date can be edited in the New bucket in CommunitySuite. The dates will not reflect in GLM until the grant is posted and approved or a full resync has been done. When sending from CommunitySuite to GLM and the grant needs to be unposted and grant date edited, the grant date will update GLM once it is posted in CommunitySuite. Prior to this new date field, the decision date from GLM mapped to the grant date in CommunitySuite. From the GLM bucket in CommunitySuite, there will be a bulk grant date action on the left-side menu. Once the grant has been posted, the grant date can no longer be changed unless the grant is unposted in CommunitySuite.
- Resolved an issue causing Shared Documents descriptions to say they are too long because special characters were being HTML encoded.
- Updated the Email status to only update when the To recipients status is updated instead of whenever a cc or bcc status is updated.
- Resolved an issue that allowed the MB limit to be set too high for text and upload questions when initially adding them.
- Added table aggregates to reporting merge documents and custom columns.
- Resolved an issue preventing Grants Managers from being able to manage collaborators.
- Updated the link users go to when viewing more details on the eReports link if they haven't shared their site's information with Foundation Center.
Candid Demographic Fields: In partnership with Candid’s Demographics via Candid initiative, administrators can now add demographic data as form question via Candida which applicants can populate from their Candid Profile.
- Candid Profile Enhancements: Additional fields and updated applicant workflow.
- Added a universe filter for performance on the Eligibility Center's Ineligible Universe Requests tab.
- A user's Last Logon Date will now display in the sites local time instead of UTC.
- Overall score on the evaluation summary print packet will now display as a percentage instead of as a decimal.
- Table questions will no longer appear on an applicants print packet if all of the table cells are non-applicant facing.
- Merge Documents will now download as DOCX instead of DOC: This is an Idea Lab requested item to update our merge document format to the more current DOCX from the older DOC format.
- Removed an html tag from the answered by message shown to admins.
- Updated the way rich text answers display when viewing a form and the editor is not enabled. This will allow users to select and copy the rich text from the answer.
- Aggregates will now sum and count administrator during form preview.
- Resolved an issue causing applicants to not see the Request Documents tab.
- Updated the Test Eligibility page to display a pass/fail status even if an opportunity is off and added a new column to show if an opportunity is configured to be on or off.
- Updated the language in the Follow Up Form Stage Automatic Emails:
- "To Applicant (when Assigned)" changed to "To Assignee (when Assigned)"
- "To Applicant (when Submitted)" changed to "To Assignee (when Submitted)"
- Resolved an issue where the batch email preview was displaying incorrect hyperlinks.
- Resolved an issue where Email Notification Events were grayed out even though a selection could still be made.
- Added handling for sending a DocuSign using a template with no name.
- Resolved an issue when updating sync grants between Grants Lifecycle Management and CommunitySuite that the user was receiving an internal server error.
DocuSign Request Documentation Integration: In standard and above GLM/SLM licenses, clients who have DocuSign will be able to implement integration keys via the site settings. (Note that the integration is for a site completely and not an individual user). After setting the integration, clients will be able to use the create documents functionality from Request Summary, Forms, or Request & Decisions to now send the document via DocuSign. Individual Documents will use the Sender View via DocuSign and will allow additional customization, such as more signers or additional documents added to the envelope. If sent it batch, the document as is will be sent to the request owner. All Documents sent via DocuSign will be added to the Request Documents tabs and will have an up-to-date status of the signatures from DocuSign.
- Universal Application: School/Student ID Integration to CommunitySuite: This feature allows administrators to add the School and Student ID fields that align with CommunitySuite onto their follow up form so that students can provide this information for payment, and it will integrate directly into CommunitySuite so that they do not manually have to set these fields. This feature also enhances the existing functionality for stand-alone processes using school and student ID integration so that the follow ups no longer have to be related to installments.
Ability to Test Untested Opportunities: This allows administrators to add opportunities to a universe after initial submissions have come in without the need for a placeholder opportunity. Administrators can now add and configure opportunities on an active Universe at any time, and then via the Eligibility Center, they can access requests that have not been tested for the opportunity and do an initial test of the criteria for that opportunity.
- Opportunity On/Off: This allows individual Opportunities to be turned on or off inside a Universe. If an Opportunity is off it will not be evaluated when an applicant submits their Universe Application.
- Email Administrator when User Edits Profile: This adds the ability for an administrator to be notified when changes are made to Applicant profiles. This works the same way that the organization changed one works where admins can subscribe to the template to be notified if they choose to.
- Allow Attachments to be Saved on Email Templates: This allows email attachments to be saved to a template so they don't have to be selected when sending ad hoc and are also included automatically for automatic email templates.
- Allow Third Party Applicant Email Template to be Viewed and Updated: This shows the email that has gone out to applicants when a third party user is reminded they need to fill out their third party and allows the base template to be edited so the administrator can customize the content.
- Added handling when configuring UA rules if opportunities are selected but rules are not configured when the user clicks the save button to notify the user they need to finish configuring their rules.